Making up for last week’s lack of a guest we are having something of a double feature which we usually don’t do in a single episode!
First off we have Anthony Kunkel who runs the UltraHouse in Durango, Colorado. He is a well known athlete in the running world but OCR has not been his main focus. I (Mike) met him while covering WTM last year and it seems like he caught the ultra OCR bug and is ready to crush the course as an elite contender this year. He is also sponsored by a bunch of companies and has a Patreon so please consider supporting him and his crew!
The second interview is with Michael Lopez who had a short run of a podcast called My Journey to World’s Toughest Mudder which I binge listened to back in April/May. He is overcoming some health issues and is running this event in memory of his parents. There are a lot of first timers each year to this amazing event but I wanted to have him on the show to hear from another every day person because in addition to elites, they makes WTM the incredible event that it is!
0:00 – 4:02 – Intro
4:02 – 15:35 – Quick News
15:35 – 16:21 – Content Preface
16:21 – 1:11:27 – Anthony Kunkel Interview
1:11:27 – 1:37:20 – Michael Lopez Interview
24:53 – End – Outro
Next episode will be audio from our wedding if things work out the way that we hope that they do!
Deka 2023 Schedule
NYC Marathon Podiums
NYC Marathon Fun Facts
GoRuck Games Returning in 2023
OFX Podcast Hits 100 Episodes
Grant Bercik’s Dog
Megan Jacoby Sets Women’s Hyrox World Record
Hyrox Chicago Podiums
Spartan Trifecta World Championships Sprint Podiums
Spartan Trifecta World Championships Super Podiums
Spartan Trifecta World Championships Beast Podiums
Spartan Trifecta World Championships Overall Podiums
Blindfolded Secret Link
Unicorn Fossil Secret Link
Selfless Sports Secret Link
Parenting Secret Link
45. World’s Toughest Mudder, Las Vegas Rock N Roll Half Marathon, Mattapoisett 5k, and YMCA Turkey Trot 5 Miler!
46. World’s Toughest Mudder Champion’s Brunch with Will Hicks and Heather Bode, Kingston 5k Turkey Trot, and Newburyport Harborside Half Marathon!
97. World’s Toughest Mudder! (Part 1: Community Dinner and Event)
98. World’s Toughest Mudder! (Part 2: Champion’s Brunch and Bar Crawl), and Taunton YMCA Turkey Trot!
150. World’s Toughest Mudder Hot Lap Recap, Javier Escobar’s Pit Planning Party, and Mike’s Lap By Lap Experience!
151. World’s Toughest Mudder Brunch Audio and Bar Crawl Interviews!
152. World’s Toughest Mudder Pit Crew Debriefing, and Drunk Javier Escobar Interview!
201. World’s Toughest Mudder Memories!
254. World’s Toughest Mudder! (Part 1: Interviews with Volunteers, Pit Crew, Athletes, and Pit Audio)
255. World’s Toughest Mudder! (Part 2: Brunch Interviews and Audio)
256. World’s Toughest Mudder! (Part 3: Bar Crawl Interviews)
257. World’s Toughest Mudder! (Part 4: Katie Knight and Mark Batres)
Take Advantage of These Deals
Check out our Threadless Shop
Use coupon code “adventure” for 10% off MudGear products
For a podcast shirt, send $20 to Katelyn-Ritter-8 on Venmo with your size and address
Use coupon code “OCRReport20” for 20 percent off the total purchase at Caterpy
Stay Connected with Us
Support us on Patreon for exclusive content and to join our Facebook group
Like us on Facebook: Obstacle Running Adventures
Follow our podcast Instagram: @ObstacleRunningAdventures
Write us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our team’s website: www.mstefanorunning.com
Like our team on Facebook: MStefano Running
Follow our team on Twitter and Instagram: @MStefanoRunning
Subscribe on Youtube: MStefano Running