The last event of the weekend of World’s Toughest Mudder is called “The Bar Crawl”. It’s not called that because people crawl from bar to bar though. It’s called the Bar Crawl because everyone is so sore, they have to crawl to get to the bar. Or at least that’s the story we heard from our first guest this episode.
We are joined by six guests we talked to at the bar crawl the night after World’s Toughest Mudder 2018.
J.D. Allen is an Atlanta local and veteran of multiple World’s Toughest Mudders. He shares his thoughts on this years version of the race.
Mike Stefano and Katelyn Ritter are the hosts of the Obstacle Running Adventures podcast. Mike ran WTM for the first time this year and Katelyn pitted him all the way to 50 miles.
Chris Wilkins and John Cheek came all the way from the UK to run World’s Toughest Mudder. They have advice for international runners thinking about making the trip.
Kenny Rotter ran 40 miles in the bitter cold this year and ran into Will Hicks multiple times over the weekend. He talks about how to take the Tough Mudder spirit into “real life” off the course.
- 0:00 Intro and Welcome
- 3:40 Spartan Ultra Championship Update
- 9:24 Jon Albon DNF Iceland
- 10:46 Ryan Atkins wins Iceland; Men’s Podium
- 13:29 Morgan Mckay update
- 14:23 Hey kids. Can you earmuff it for me?
- 16:41 You’re so smart!
- 18:49 Get a FREE World’s Toughest Podcast sticker!
- 22:29 Obstacle Running Adventures was robbed
- 24:06 Coming in 2019: The OCR Report Podcast
- 27:13 FIVE STARS!!!
- 34:23 WTM 2018: The Night After
- 34:47 J.D. Allen
- 50:03 Mike Stefano and Katelyn Ritter
- 1:13:28 Chris Wilkins and John Cheek
- 1:34:33 Kenny Rotter
- 1:46:06 Thank you! and leave a review on Apple Podcasts
The OCR Report is live! Check out the new website from the people behind World’s Toughest Podcast, Overcome and Run, and Obstacle Running Adventures. Let us know what you think. We are excited.
World’s Toughest Podcast is excited to partner with Merrell again to give away a pair of shoes every month to listeners of the show. To win a pair of Merrell Agility Peak Flex 2 or Merrell All Out Crush 2.0 trail running shoes, text the word TOUGH to the number 228-28 or email WorldsToughestPodcast@gmail.com with MERRELL in the subject line and your 1)Name, 2)Email Address and 3)Cell Phone in the body of the email. Both options will subscribe you to the World’s Toughest Newsletter and qualify you to win.